Robin McKinley's Web Site .:. Robin McKinley's Blog

Robin McKinley

Official Web Forum

Home » Discussion Forums » Talk » Instructions for PRC Organizers
Instructions for PRC Organizers [message #35693] Sat, 30 October 2010 13:25
Black Bear  is currently offline Black Bear
[Moderator]
OK, I've heard back from Putnams, so we're all good to go! Here's the directions:

1. If you are organizing a PRC, you need to email me your real name and shipping address as soon as you have a date and time fixed, and at least 3 confirmed attendees. (That's you, plus 2 people.) I will pass your info on to Robin's e-marketer, the Amazing Anna, and she will ship you a book and two posters for raffling purposes. But you do need 3 people to qualify for a prize pack.

2. Remember you can promote these events beyond the forum. Call your friends, talk to the bookshop employees at your friendly local retailer, ask if you can put a sign up at the library. Let's see how many people we can get involved!

3. You're strongly encouraged to take pictures and write up a little blurb on how the party went--Robin is always in the market for blog material. So if you'd like your PRC to be featured on Robin's blog, document it and we'll see what we can do!

4. When you email me I will email you back a pdf with instructions, plus an Official Sign-In Sheet. This is how we'll keep track of entries for the signed book contest--make sure EVERYONE who attends prints their name and email address clearly on this sheet, and then the organizer can either type the list up and email it back to me, or scan it and email me the scan. Remember, organizers get entered twice. Smile

The email I'm using for this purpose is my "business" address: whiteape [at] whiteape [dot] net. If you have questions of general interest, please feel free to post them to this thread and I'll answer them for the benefit of all. Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 02 January 2011 09:18]

"The time is always right to do what's right."--MLK Jr.
Previous Topic:School campaign
Next Topic:Brooklyn/Manhattan PRC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 18 16:24:03 CST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03149 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.