Robin McKinley's Web Site .:. Robin McKinley's Blog

Robin McKinley

Official Web Forum

Home » Discussion Forums » Pollyanna's Booklist » May-June 2010 What Are You Reading?
icon1.gif  May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #28836] Sat, 01 May 2010 12:27 Go to next message
Maren  is currently offline Maren
[Moderator]
Here is where you can talk about what you're reading right now. If you particularly enjoyed a book and would like to recommend it to other readers, just say so and I will add it to our LibraryThing catalog.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 July 2010 09:40]

Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #28932 is a reply to message #28836 ] Tue, 04 May 2010 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
librarykat  is currently offline librarykat
Kingyo Used Books, Vol. 1 by Seimu Yoshizaki, published by Viz Media. This manga is comprised of several short stories that revolve around a used manga store in Tokyo. In one story, a youngish man decides it's time to give up reading manga, but at a reunion with some of his 6th grade classmates, he realizes that many of their good memories center on the manga they were reading at that age. In another story, a young housewife's life seems filled with taking care of her family and working on a festival at her daughter's middle school; while she feels harried and a bit lonely, she starts rereading one of her favorite manga from when she was her daughter's age, and then meets another mother at the school who also likes that manga. Finding a new friend is just the thing she needs to feel energized and passionate about her life again. Each story shows the power of reading on one's life.
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #28939 is a reply to message #28932 ] Wed, 05 May 2010 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aaron  is currently offline Aaron
librarykat wrote on Tue, 04 May 2010 19:40

Kingyo Used Books, Vol. 1 by Seimu Yoshizaki, published by Viz Media. This manga is comprised of several short stories that revolve around a used manga store in Tokyo . . . Each story shows the power of reading on one's life.

Can any of the Manga readers out there comment on whether the American stereotype of comic book readers not reading text only (is there a term for this) books applies to Manga readers in Japan?
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #28965 is a reply to message #28836 ] Thu, 06 May 2010 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kim A  is currently offline Kim A
I just finished the fourth Bayern book by Shannon Hale. I've liked them all: Goose Girl (a really interesting take on the fairytale), Enna Burning, River Secrets and Forest Born.

It was the only lullaby she would ever sing, and it was sung in Hell. --Laini Taylor
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29024 is a reply to message #28939 ] Sat, 08 May 2010 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
librarykat  is currently offline librarykat
Do you mean prose book readers? I can only give you the example of my aunt; my mother is Japanese, and her sister is the one who introduced my older son to Miyazaki's Nausicaa manga. She graduated (many many years ago) from Tokyo University and worked as a translator in the publisher, Tuttle, Tokyo office. She's about as far from the comic/manga reader stereotype as one can get.

And, I guess, so am I. I've been a comics reader as long as I've been a reader. I read almost everything, in whatever format.
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29114 is a reply to message #28836 ] Mon, 10 May 2010 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beauty/Anna  is currently offline Beauty/Anna
Hamlet

"You are your best resource for success"
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29116 is a reply to message #28836 ] Mon, 10 May 2010 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldoakforest  is currently offline oldoakforest
Over the April break, I read Dan Simmon's two Hyperion books. I liked them, but perhaps not as much as Ilium and Olympos. Also, the cliffhanger at the end of the first one is absolutely cruel.

I also read Ursula Le Guin's novel The Telling. SO GOOD. I'd read The Left Hand of Darkness at Christmas, and it's become one of my favourite books. It's science fiction, but with a focus on culture, morals, strangers in strange lands, and human emotion. They're as much philosophical wonderings as science fiction. Now I just have to find the rest of her Hainish novels...
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29117 is a reply to message #28836 ] Mon, 10 May 2010 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SnarkyWriter  is currently offline SnarkyWriter
I'm working my way through the Sookie Stackhouse novels again so I'm not totally lost when I read the latest paperback one.
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29244 is a reply to message #28836 ] Fri, 14 May 2010 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meminem  is currently offline meminem

I've just started the second book of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series, "Dragonfly in Amber". The first book was great, and there are several more after this one. Going to be my summer series I think.
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29354 is a reply to message #29116 ] Mon, 17 May 2010 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldoakforest wrote on Mon, 10 May 2010 09:35

I also read Ursula Le Guin's novel The Telling. SO GOOD. I'd read The Left Hand of Darkness at Christmas, and it's become one of my favourite books. It's science fiction, but with a focus on culture, morals, strangers in strange lands, and human emotion. They're as much philosophical wonderings as science fiction. Now I just have to find the rest of her Hainish novels...

The Dispossessed is an amazing novel. And have you read the Earthsea books? Classic.

It was the only lullaby she would ever sing, and it was sung in Hell. --Laini Taylor
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29355 is a reply to message #28836 ] Mon, 17 May 2010 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just finished Elizabeth Moon's The Speed of Dark, sci fi about an autistic man who has to decide whether or not to take a recently developed cure for autism. Great writing, great character, interesting themes.

Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29366 is a reply to message #29355 ] Mon, 17 May 2010 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melissa Mead  is currently offline Melissa Mead
I love that book.

Member of Carpe Libris: http://carpelibris.wordpress.com/
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29387 is a reply to message #28836 ] Tue, 18 May 2010 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holmes44  is currently offline holmes44

i am rereading her serrano series.love it.

Bonnie Holmes the faster ahead I go, the more behind I get
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29411 is a reply to message #28836 ] Tue, 18 May 2010 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OKay, just finished The Demon's Lexicon, after Robin's review, and all I can say is, Wow. Wow, wow, wow. Nick is such an amazing character! So well done. I'm running out to buy the second book in hardcover.

Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29552 is a reply to message #28836 ] Fri, 21 May 2010 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jlasserton  is currently offline jlasserton
I just finished reading Becoming A Woman of Simplicity. I am about to start working on Eclipse.

Becoming A Woman of Simplicity
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29569 is a reply to message #28836 ] Fri, 21 May 2010 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anne_d  is currently offline anne_d
I'm rereading Laurie King's Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes series, after reading the new one, The God of the Hive. I just came all the way 'round again and started rereading that one. I may have to do some deep thinking about bees and bee mythology, what with Chalice and the bees in some of the Mary Russells, particularly the last two. If I figure anything out, I'll let you all know...

My normal procedure for a new book is to devour it once, then reread it slowly (always assuming it was worth the initial read).

I'm also reading Nightingale Wood, slowly and at random intervals because it's my tote bag book for reading in restaurants and waiting rooms. I'm enjoying it so far.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 May 2010 14:55]

"When I am an old woman, so that too much queerness will seem a natural thing, I mean to build a tower... on my own side of the lake, and I shall sit there on angry days and growl down at any one who disturbs me."

Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, Cross Creek
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29681 is a reply to message #28836 ] Sun, 23 May 2010 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Honey_Bee  is currently offline Honey_Bee
I'm reading Zel by Donna Jo Napoli. It's an intense version of the Rapunzel tale. I continue to go back to Napoli year after year, though I just can't devour her works one right after the other. Her books, though deceptively thin, leave me so emotionally drained after I couldn't think of picking up another like it. The Magic Circle is what she's most known for, and what I'd recommend to anyone wanting to start.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29718 is a reply to message #29387 ] Mon, 24 May 2010 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danceswithpahis  is currently offline danceswithpahis
holmes44 wrote on Tue, 18 May 2010 07:04

i am rereading her serrano series.love it.

So could you tell me where to start? I tried picking that series up, and accidentally picked up a book right in the middle, which was not what I wanted (fortunately it was so obviously in the middle that I put it down after a chapter and will wait to go back until I've read the previous books).

Also, have you read The Deed of Paksenarrion? It's one of my all-time favorite books. It appears that a new book in that world has just come out recently, although I haven't had time to look it up yet.

"Oh good! My dog found the chainsaw!"

-- Lilo ("Lilo and Stitch")
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29719 is a reply to message #28836 ] Mon, 24 May 2010 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have just dived into the Discworld series (by Terry Pratchett for those who haven't heard of him). My best friend recommended him to me back when we were in middle school and I tried him then but wasn't ready for him yet. I didn't touch him again until this past month when I went to my best friend again and said, "You tried to introduce me several years ago and it didn't work, but I'm ready to try again; where should I start?" She gave me 6 books that I've been working my way through on bus rides and such; I'm now on book 6, and have been enjoying them a lot (and it was definitely just that I wasn't ready for them at the time, since the one I'm reading now is the one she gave me back in middle school, and I'm liking it much more this go around). I foresee an increase in the number of visits made to her house in the next few months until I work my way through her collection (and/or get enough of a sense of the series that I can pick things out for myself [one of the things that's held me back, long after I started to suspect that I might now like his work, has been the fact that he's written so many books that I didn't know where to start]).

On a totally unrelated note, in my Sunday School class we are studying the writings of Martin Luther King, and I'm appreciating his drive and commitment to his goals no matter what the cost. I've mostly been reading "Strength to Love", which is a collection of sermons, and "I Have a Dream", which is a collection of speeches. Not for everyone, but if you like that sort of thing, it's very readable.

Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29721 is a reply to message #29718 ] Mon, 24 May 2010 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

the best place to start is with heris serrano,it is a 3 book series then the esamay and barin series.yes i have read the whole series of pakks and am waiting to receive the new one[oath of fealty.

bonnie

p,s, if you want the name for the books i will dig out the books and put them up.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 May 2010 10:52]

Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29724 is a reply to message #29718 ] Mon, 24 May 2010 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
claning  is currently offline claning

So could you tell me where to start? I tried picking that series up, and accidentally picked up a book right in the middle, which was not what I wanted (fortunately it was so obviously in the middle that I put it down after a chapter and will wait to go back until I've read the previous books).

If you are getting the books as "singles" rather than as the compound volumes, "Hunting Party" is the first one.
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29765 is a reply to message #29354 ] Tue, 25 May 2010 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cinnamuffins  is currently offline Cinnamuffins
Jumping in late, but I had to second the comment about The Dispossessed. It is excellent. I'm actually going to reread it quite soon, because I originally discovered it way too young. I read it again in college, and found it quite a different book than I'd remembered. I wonder how it will have changed for me when I come back to it this time.
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29836 is a reply to message #29724 ] Wed, 26 May 2010 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
claning wrote on Mon, 24 May 2010 16:40

If you are getting the books as "singles" rather than as the compound volumes, "Hunting Party" is the first one.

Hmm. Is that also published as a compound? I'm not finding that one, at least not at my library (which is the most I can afford at this particular moment).

Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29848 is a reply to message #28836 ] Thu, 27 May 2010 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yes i just bought the three in one and it is called the serrano connection i think,i will have the look through my books and find out for sure.

Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29856 is a reply to message #29719 ] Thu, 27 May 2010 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, yes, Terry Pratchett is daunting when looking at a library or bookstore shelf! But the man is so brilliant. Don't miss his collaboration with Neil Gaiman (the two of them in the same room together: I'm surprised the house didn't burn down!): Good Omens. (Has one of my favourite all-time quotations: "Never second-guess ineffability, I always say.") And check out Pratchett's kids lit: The Wee Free Men and the other Tiffany Aching novels, and the Bromeliad trilogy. It's less satirical, and thus perhaps easier to take in large doses!

Speaking of satirical, I have to go over to the recommendation thread and mention Jasper Fforde.

Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29861 is a reply to message #28836 ] Thu, 27 May 2010 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the mode of posting favourite bits, I have to share a few from Lois McMaster Bujold's A Civil Campaign, which I just reread (because I was going to be waiting for someone and it was the nearest book at hand, and then I had to finish it again).

"So small, so wrecked, so obnoxious. So incandescent." (Ivan's description of Miles.)

Mile's letter to Ekaterin, the whole thing, and her response to it.

"Miles seemed to collect friends of wit and distinction and extraordinary ability around himself as casually and unselfconsciously as a comet trailed its banner of light."

The whole scene in the attic: "For this alone I could love you." "The sensation was like opening the door to what she'd thought was a closet and stepping through into another country, rolling out before her widening eyes. Oh."

(I'm completely procrastinating some work I really don't want to do, can you tell . . . ?)

Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29881 is a reply to message #28836 ] Thu, 27 May 2010 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love the whole letter part. But then, I love anything by LMMB.

Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29882 is a reply to message #29856 ] Thu, 27 May 2010 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kim A wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 14:07

Oh, yes, Terry Pratchett is daunting when looking at a library or bookstore shelf! But the man is so brilliant. Don't miss his collaboration with Neil Gaiman (the two of them in the same room together: I'm surprised the house didn't burn down!):

Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman were on a panel together at the 2004 Worldcon in Boston. Forget Standing Room Only; people were shoehorning in themselves against the doorframe... I'm sure we shattered all the fire safety codes.

Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29950 is a reply to message #28836 ] Fri, 28 May 2010 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Somehow I have ended up owning a copy of "Good Omens". I can't imagine that I would have purchased it, since I'm only just discovering Terry Pratchett (as was mentioned) and don't read Neil Gaiman either; it must be a gift. I've kept it because I didn't have a good reason to give it away, and now I'm happy. I shall have to jump on it (metaphorically speaking) once I've finished my library books that are due back soon.

3 of the books that my friend loaned to me were Tiffany Aching books. Are they really classified as "kids lit"? They didn't seem that way to me at all. Granted, the main character is fairly young, but the style doesn't seem like children's or even young adults' lit. (Apologies since I know that both genres are fluid and varied, but these books didn't seem to fit them even so.)

[Updated on: Fri, 28 May 2010 22:24]

Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29952 is a reply to message #29950 ] Fri, 28 May 2010 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anne_d  is currently offline anne_d
danceswithpahis wrote on Fri, 28 May 2010 20:23

Somehow I have ended up owning a copy of "Good Omens". I can't imagine that I would have purchased it, since I'm only just discovering Terry Pratchett (as was mentioned) and don't read Neil Gaiman either; it must be a gift. I've kept it because I didn't have a good reason to give it away, and now I'm happy. I shall have to jump on it (metaphorically speaking) once I've finished my library books that are due back soon.

3 of the books that my friend loaned to me were Tiffany Aching books. Are they really classified as "kids lit"? They didn't seem that way to me at all. Granted, the main character is fairly young, but the style doesn't seem like children's or even young adults' lit. (Apologies since I know that both genres are fluid and varied, but these books didn't seem to fit them even so.)

I love Good Omens - It's like Charles Williams meets Monty Python with explosive results. I find, after reading some of each, that I prefer Pratchett to Gaiman, but that's just me. All right, so I've read everything by Terry Pratchett that I could find, much to the consternation of the daughters (mom, those are our books!).

By the way, Nation (Pratchett) is most excellent but a complete departure from his Discworld mythos - rather LeGuin-ish.

I don't get age classification either, especially "young adult" and "kids' lit". You're right that the Tiffany Aching series are more mature than the age of the character would indicate, and I'm tired and babbling and should probably make a noise like a hoop and roll off to bed. 'night, all.

"When I am an old woman, so that too much queerness will seem a natural thing, I mean to build a tower... on my own side of the lake, and I shall sit there on angry days and growl down at any one who disturbs me."

Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, Cross Creek
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29955 is a reply to message #29882 ] Sat, 29 May 2010 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NotLonely  is currently offline NotLonely
Melissa Mead wrote on Fri, 28 May 2010 01:51

Oh, yes, Terry Pratchett is daunting when looking at a library or bookstore shelf! But the man is so brilliant. Don't miss his collaboration with Neil Gaiman (the two of them in the same room together: I'm surprised the house didn't burn down!):

Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman were on a panel together at the 2004 Worldcon in Boston. Forget Standing Room Only; people were shoehorning in themselves against the doorframe... I'm sure we shattered all the fire safety codes.

Oy. It is patently my day to be Officially Jealous. Wow.

*goes away musing about moving to America for all the Good Book Things*

Life always, always finds a way.
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29961 is a reply to message #28836 ] Sat, 29 May 2010 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SnarkyWriter  is currently offline SnarkyWriter
I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series, pacing myself with this guy:
http://markreadsharrypotter.buzznet.com/user/journal/

He's 26 and reading it for the first time ever and his childlike glee makes me just as excited about these books as I was the first time I read them. It's almost like getting to read them for the first time again.

Since he only does a chapter a day, I'm also reading DANSE MACABRE by Stephen King. It's required for my Pop Culture preliminary exams.
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29965 is a reply to message #29955 ] Sat, 29 May 2010 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NotLonely wrote on Sat, 29 May 2010 07:57

Melissa Mead wrote on Fri, 28 May 2010 01:51

Oy. It is patently my day to be Officially Jealous. Wow.

*goes away musing about moving to America for all the Good Book Things*

Terry Pratchett's booksigning lines were so long that I stood in lines twice and never got to the front, even though he stayed for extra time. I did get to say Hi to him briefly, but he looked like all he wanted was to get away from the crowds and lie down, so I didn't ask for an autograph. He was very gracious, though. I also got to say an even briefer Hi to Neil Gaiman. Also a nice guy. In a tux, he looks like a grown-up Harry Potter as opposed to a biker dude.

Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29966 is a reply to message #29856 ] Sat, 29 May 2010 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beauty/Anna  is currently offline Beauty/Anna
I am reading Good Omens right now—well actually listening to the audio book read by Martin Jarvis. It is fantastic. Hilarious.

"You are your best resource for success"
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29993 is a reply to message #28836 ] Sat, 29 May 2010 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
L.R.K.  is currently offline L.R.K.
There is a fourth Tiffany Aching-book on the way - "I Shall Wear Midnight":

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/p/terry-pratchett/i-shall- wear-midnight.htm

Why, I feel all thin, sort of stretched, if you know what I mean, like butter that has been scraped over too much bread.
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #29998 is a reply to message #28836 ] Sun, 30 May 2010 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have just finished reading Blackout and I second whoever said "wait for the sequel to come out before reading" because it really is the one story spread over two books and finishes very much halfway through the story.

Excellent historical details of what it was like to be in London etc during the war though, if you are a history geek like me Smile

Also recently read the N K Jeimisin book One Hundred Thousand Kingdoms which is a YA book written in first person but quite quirky in voice and style.

Found the ending a bit puzzling but it is the first book in a trilogy so hopefully it will all come out in the wash.

Currently reading Angeology by Daniella Trussoni which was reviewed as rather 'literary' in tone and style but I am finding quite readable. Yes a little wordy in places but the pacing and story are all there and I am only 1/3rd into it and the plot is starting to thicken nicely.

Its about the dark fallen angels and how they have tried to take over the world, but are mysteriously failing and dying of a disease that is killing their wings first and then the rest of them. And yet there is a cure if only they can find it...... meanwhile Sister Evangeline, the youngest sister at a convent in upstate NY is sent a letter by a researcher wanting to know if a previous Abbess had contact with a member of the Rockefeller dynasty....
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #30131 is a reply to message #29993 ] Fri, 04 June 2010 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
L.R.K. wrote on Sat, 29 May 2010 20:35

There is a fourth Tiffany Aching-book on the way - "I Shall Wear Midnight":

Oooh, oooh, oooh, (jumping up and down with excitement)! I love Tiffany--one of my favourite characters. Plus I love saying Nac Mac Feegle.

Neil Gaiman recently did another picture book with Charles Vess (they did Blueberry Girl together): it's called Instructions. I noticed this one in a display of suitable books for graduating students, alongside Seuss's The Places You'll Go. It's much like Blueberry Girl: seems like your typical schmaltzy gift book, but it's not, it's Gaiman. The guy is just so deep. (I loooove Wolves in the Walls, speaking of picture books.)

Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #30132 is a reply to message #29998 ] Fri, 04 June 2010 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlueRose wrote on Sat, 29 May 2010 23:18

Have just finished reading Blackout and I second whoever said "wait for the sequel to come out before reading" because it really is the one story spread over two books and finishes very much halfway through the story.

Okay, so I Shall Wear Midnight in September, Blackout and All Clear in October, and Cryoburn (LMMBujold) in November. I love having things to look forward to!

Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #30151 is a reply to message #29998 ] Fri, 04 June 2010 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cinnamuffins  is currently offline Cinnamuffins
BlueRose wrote on Sun, 30 May 2010 02:18

Excellent historical details of what it was like to be in London etc during the war though, if you are a history geek like me Smile

Darn. I just bought that one. Is it really that difficult to wait for the sequel? (It's so much harder to resist starting with it sitting here looking at me!)
Re: May-June 2010 What Are You Reading? [message #30186 is a reply to message #28836 ] Sat, 05 June 2010 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I tried to look up "I Shall Wear Midnight", and the site I found it on listed it as the 5th book in the series, but so far I only know of three ("The Wee Free Men", "A Hat Full of Sky", and "Wintersmith"). Is there another one that I'm missing?

As far as "Blackout" goes, it depends on your tolerance for stopping mid-story. I did alright with it, although I was moderately disappointed in the way she stopped it ("No! Where did the other pages in the book go?? There must be more!"), but I think that had I read it 5 or 10 years ago I would have found it much more difficult. I've definitely read worse, however, as far as cliffhangers go.

And I've finished "Good Omens" now, which I also enjoyed. I have fairly strong Christian beliefs, so I found it harder to get into sometimes (my world view kept colliding with some of the things they wrote, and I would get yanked out of the story to have this mental theological debate with the characters), but it was amusing and well-written. My absolute favorite scene (and one that I read almost every single time I picked up the book) was the naming of Dog. Of course, I think Dog was probably my favorite character overall.

Previous Topic:May-June 2010 Recommendation thread
Next Topic:July-August 2010 What Are You Reading?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 22 01:10:35 CDT 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08560 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.