Home » Announcements » Forum Policies and Guidelines » Membership Rules [Updated August 26, 2010]
|Membership Rules [Updated August 26, 2010] [message #16133]
||Thu, 14 May 2009 12:44
Registered: September 2008
This is the full registration agreement so it includes some text specific to the registration process. |
Registered members may wish to review the rules for the good of their souls.
Updated 26 August, 2010
Please take a moment to read through the rules. Embedded somewhere in the rules below are additional instructions you will need in order to register successfully. (Yes, we really do want you to read the rules.)
- First and foremost, our goal is to create and maintain a friendly atmosphere on the Robin McKinley Forums and to provide an enjoyable experience for all our members, young and old alike. If any member chooses to interfere with this goal, Forum Management may, at their discretion, take actions which may include, but are not limited to, editing, moving, removing or locking topics; imposing timeouts, suspending or banning said member.
- These Membership Rules may be amended from time to time. Amendments will be posted in the Announcements Forum and are effective immediately. Your continued use of the forum will be considered acceptance of the amended rules. Please routinely check the Announcements forum for amendments when you log in.
- All registrations must be approved by the forum administrators.
- Account validation and activation will normally take 24-48 hours but may take longer during holiday periods.
- Please do not re-register unless you know for sure you made an error in your registration email.
- If you experience any problems, please email Blogmom at email@example.com
- As a user you agree to any information you have entered during registration above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, the Webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
- All messages posted to this Web site are copyright of the poster. Reproduction of any messages, excepting quoting posts in the process of replying or inclusion in Robin's blog posts, requires the permission of the poster.
- You agree not to post fan fiction or story ideas or fan art in any medium from any author's universe to the forum. Fan fiction/art is defined in this instance as stories/art in any of the worlds, or relating to any of the characters created by Robin McKinley or any other author. Neither may you discuss fan fiction/art in any context or link to fan fiction hosted elsewhere, nor make mention of other sites to encourage this action. Robin McKinley does not condone fan fiction. Read more on the subject from her FAQ.
- You understand that the prohibition against story ideas includes giving Robin any and all 'advice' on current books, works in progress or suggested future works.
- You may place a link to your website in your profile and signature. The link may not go to a Web site which in the consideration of the Forum Management is to gain sales of any kind, whether an affiliate of Amazon and other online affiliate programs or otherwise.
- You are welcome to use an avatar and post photos, but we ask that you please refrain from putting up pictures of infants and children.
- You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented, racist, political, religious, or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed).
- While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or Webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable. Should you find a message which you think breaches one of the Membership Rules, please bring it to the attention of the Forum Management.
- You agree not to use this forum for the purpose of collecting information to be placed on another Web site, either either by conducting a survey, or asking for members opinions
- You agree that if you do not use your account for two months, it may be deactivated or deleted at the discretion of the Forum Management. Remember you do not have to post just Log In.
- You agree that the Forum Management have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. They also have the right to remove membership, and ban a member for breaches of the Membership Rules.
The Niceness and Sanity Clause
And finally, Niceness and Sanity rule, in all areas of this forum. Behave like the nice, rational, tolerant adult (of whatever age) you are. So:
- No squeeing (the occasional, mild, singular squee is OK) or exhibitions of extreme fandom;
- No imagining of oneself or a friend in a romantic and/or physical clinch with any fictional character, whether Robin's or someone else's, or comparisons thereof;
- No "I'm now [insert fictional character of choice] and I'm sure I would behave like this..." of any kind.
- In order to register successfully, please list 'reading' under Interests in your profile. This helps us distinguish humans from the flood of automated spam registrations and also lets us know that you've read this far in the rules! We regret that any registrations not meeting this requirement will be declined.
The occasional rant in relation to unsocial behavior on the large or small scale is OK, so long as individuals not in public life remain unidentifiable.
Deviation from any of the above means a) the mods will come down on the offender(s) like a ton of bricks and b) on a second offence, the account concerned will be canceled forthwith.
When in doubt, ask a mod first!
[Updated on: Thu, 26 August 2010 16:37]
Current Time: Wed Jun 19 15:00:31 EDT 2013
Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08359 seconds