August 5, 2008

Shadows is here!

Shoes, illustrated

img_0623small.JPG

I bet Neil Gaiman has never posted a photo of the four pairs of shoes he bought in one afternoon* on his blog.

* Four pairs of shoes is nothing really.  If I find a good Converse All Star shop I go into a berserker frenzy.  My record is, I believe, nineteen pairs.  Fortunately I don’t get to good Converse All Star shops all that often.

comments

Please join the discussion at Robin McKinley's Web Forum.

Comment by b_twin_1

*Nineteen pairs* ????!!!

WOW! The most I’ve ever bought in one go is two!! I’ve only got about 10 pairs at most (including the gumboots!!)

The disadvantage of living out of town … with no money LOL

(Comments won't nest below this level)

Comment by jmeadows

Dude, you are cracking me up with these shoes. I’d rather go around in my socks more than anything, but these shoes are terribly cute.

(Comments won't nest below this level)

Comment by Robin

you are cracking me up with these shoes

********* Oh good. We aim to amuse.

Comment by Vikkik

Oooh! Pretty shoes!

*strokes the pretty shoes*

:-)

(Comments won't nest below this level)

Comment by Vikkik

** If I find a good Converse All Star shop I go into a berserker frenzy. **

I don’t know if you’ve come across this – http://www.justconverse.co.uk/ – website….

I have a vague memory of you saying you wanted checked All Stars, I don’t know if these – http://www.justconverse.co.uk/cfprodshow.asp?catalogcode=5175 – are any good?

Oooh, or there are these – http://www.rubbersole.co.uk/Products.aspx?CategoryID=2896 – unusual…

(Comments won't nest below this level)

Comment by Robin

THEIR SIZES *SUCK.* I have, however, BOOKMARKED them. (Uh oh . . . )

Thank you . . . I think. :)

Comment by Lynn (romsfuulynn)

Oooh – those are cute.

I often buy multiple shoes – nowdays I rarely buy anything but Easy Spirits, because my feet are wide.

but last summer I bought a medium heel sandal in green, tan, white and TWO PAIR in black suede for dressy because they were so comfortable.

And I have three pair of some slipon sandals – white, black, tan. They come in 8 1/2 WW.

(Comments won't nest below this level)

Comment by Robin

I often buy multiple shoes

********** Yaaay. :)

Comment by Angelia

I do this with shoes and clothes. if I find something I like, and it fits, I buy it in as many colors as possible. I don’t shop often though!

Comment by eiriene

You are a woman after my own heart. =)

I don’t know if they ship internationally, but I’ve found http://www.zappos.com to be a wonderful resource for shoes. Especially since my feet have decided to be halfway between a standard medium and wide width (I have measured them for the purpose of knitting socks for them), and so I’m forced to get wide width shoes in most things (and at least here in the US, department stores just DON’T carry wide width shoes that are even remotely stylish). The only thing that I can wear a medium width in is an Ugg boot (which I’m also a size 7 in, go figure, when I’m usually an 8 to an 8.5–all US sizes, of course). But really, if they do ship internationally, you could go crazy on Zappos.

(Comments won't nest below this level)

Comment by Robin

They do NOT appear to ship overseas. **WHEW.**

Comment by JM

They look like they’re having a party ;D

At least some good came from that day!

(Comments won't nest below this level)

Please join the discussion at Robin McKinley's Web Forum.

No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader. -- Robert Frost